It is overly simplistic to say that a poor leader is the opposite of a great leader. Here are 18 signs that a leader is inadequate.
A poor leader:
- Leads others in the wrong direction
- Makes the right decision for the wrong reason
- Is egocentric
- Does not care
- Is selfish
- Is not committed to the high road
A substandard leader generally exhibits one or more of the following traits:
- Blames others
- Not accountable
- Does all the work while others sit idly by
- Sits idly by while others do all the work
- Unable to perceive others’ emotions
- Driven without a purpose or intention
The quality of a nation or company is ultimately dependent on the quality of its leadership. The greatest leaders are human and frequently make mistakes, just like everyone else. Great leaders all have numerous flaws. The difference is that the great leader acknowledges and compensates for their flaws and learns from their mistakes.